Looking to impress your guests with a delicious breakfast?! If so, you will love this homemade recipe for strawberry belgian waffles. They look really fancy and taste awesome but they are quite easy to make! You can set up a “bar” of goodies to put on top like whipped cream, peanut butter, fruits, syrup, butter, chocolate chips and more The kiddos love eating these that way. Enjoy!
Strawberry Belgian Waffles
INGREDIENTS (yields about 4 waffles):
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cup Flour
- 1 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil or Melted Butter
- 4 tbsp Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 lb Strawberries
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- Remove stems from strawberries and cut up.
- Take 1/2 of the strawberries and puree in food processor or blender.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Separate eggs.
- Beat egg whites until they peak.
- Beat egg yolks in large bowl until smooth.
- Add flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and vanilla to egg yolks and beat just until smooth.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour mix onto hot waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Put sugar into a cold mixing bowl and add cold whipping cream.
- Whisk until the cream gets stiff peaks.
- Drizzle waffles with strawberry puree and top with strawberries.
- Place whipped cream on top of waffles.