I am so excited to share this next recipe with you! It’s a famous Rootbeer Float Cupcake recipe that is SUPER popular! These cupcakes are delicious and pretty easy to make. They have a special root beer flavored icing to make them even better. Seriously, they taste just like a creamy, root beer float. Enjoy!
Root Beer Float Cupcakes
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1/2 t fine salt
- 1 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 C whole milk
1/2 Cup Mug Root Beer
Directions for cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake tins that you desire. Set aside.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside. Beat together butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium speed until combined. Add eggs and beat well, scrap the bowl when needed. Reduce speed to low and gradually add flour mixture, beat until combined. Add milk and the mug root beer and beat blended.
- Use a ice cream scooper or a big spoon and portion batter evenly into the cupcake tins.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- When baked, set aside and let them cool while you prepare the icing.
Rootbeer butter cream frosting:
- 3 C confectioners’ sugar
- 1 C butter
- 1 T of Mug Root Beer
- 1 T whipping cream
Directions for Icing:
- In a mixer, using the whisk attachment, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until blended and then increase speed to medium beat for 3 more minutes.
- Add the root beer and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for a few more minutes. Add in more powder sugar if necessary.
- Garnish with Root Beer candy.