Patty melts are some of my favorite candies….I love how they melt in your mouth and the freshness of them. These homemade patty melts are super fresh and delicious. Believe it or not, they are not too hard to make. These would also make really cute gifts if you wrap them in a clear bag and tie a ribbon around the top. Enjoy!
- 2 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- 2 tbsp Water
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Shortening
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Red Food Coloring
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate Melting Chips
- 1/4 cup White Chocolate Chips
- Combine 2 cups powdered sugar, corn syrup, water, peppermint and shortening.
- Mix at low speed just until mixture comes together.
- Transfer 1/3 of mixture to a separate bowl and add red food coloring.
- Mix until blended.
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar and knead white mixture until smooth.
- Roll out between sheets of parchment or wax paper until 1/8-1/4″ thick.
- Knead red mixture on work surface until smooth.
- Roll out between sheets of parchment or wax paper until 1/8″ thick.
- Place both rolled peppermints in freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut out as many white circles as possible and place on a parchment lined sheet.
- Cut out as many red circles as possible and place on top of white circles.
- Place in freezer for at least 40 minutes.
- Melt chips by microwaving for 45 seconds, stirring and repeating until melted and smooth.
- Place each patty on fork and dip in chocolate. Gently tap against side of bowl to let excess drip off.
- Place patty back on sheet.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes to let chocolate set up.
- Place white chocolate in the corner of a zippered sandwich bag and microwave for 45 seconds.
- Knead chocolate to make sure it is melted. If not, microwave another 15 seconds.
- Clip very tip of corner, and pipe snowflake on mints