These homemade cinnamon rolls have a really delicious Eggnog flavor to them. The roll has Eggnog in it and so does the frosting. These are actually pretty easy to make too. We like making these on Christmas morning for a sweet treat. Enjoy!
If you like this recipe, check out our PUMPKIN PIE POKE CAKE, our COPYCAT CRACKER BARREL FRIED APPLES, our COPYCAT STARBUCKS PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE WITH PUMPKIN SYRUP and our PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE PARFAIT.
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Eggnog
- 2 1/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 4 tbsp melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cinnamon
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 cup Eggnog
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Heat the milk and eggnog just until feels warm (about 100 degrees)
- Sprinkle the yeast on top and leave it sit for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in the egg, butter and vanilla.
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment, add the flour and sugar and run on low for 3 minutes.
- Switch to dough hook attachment.
- Add the wet ingredient mixture in the center and mix on low speed dough comes together.
- Increase to medium and knead until the dough sticks to the hook (6-8 minutes).
- Shape dough into a ball.
- Clean mixer bowl and lightly grease with butter.
- Return the dough to the bowl and turn to coat.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise until doubled (about 1 1/2 hours).
- Flour your work surface
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into roughly 12×15″ rectangle.
- With longer side facing you, spread butter over the the surface, except for 1/2″ edge opposite you.
- Mix together your sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle mixture evenly over buttered area.
- Roll the dough towards the unbuttered edge, trying not to leave gaps.
- Gently rub water along the unbuttered edge and continue rolling to seal up the roll.
- Cut the roll into 12 even pieces.
- Line a 9×13″ pan with parchment paper and place buns in the pan, leaving a little space between each. You can use multiple smaller pans if desired.
- Cover with towel and allow to rise about 45 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Bake until golden brown (20-30 minutes).
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Combine powdered sugar, melted butter and eggnog and whisk until well blended.
- Transfer the glaze to piping bag and drizzle over rolls.