I love all types of potato skins…I actually love using all different types of toppings like sour cream, onions, cheese, bacon, or you can even try out sweet ones with cinnamon, sugar, butter and whipped topping. These make for great appetizers and are super easy to make. Enjoy!
Copycat TGI Friday’s Baked Potato Skins
(Yield 8 potato skins)
- 4 Russet Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp melted Butter
- 3/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 cup Chopped Crispy Fried Bacon
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Line a baking seet with aluminum foil.
- Wash, scrub and dry potatoes.
- Pierce each multiple times with a fork.
- Rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cut each potato lengthwise into thirds.
- Reserve middle slice of each for something else.
- Use a spoon to scoop out white middles of each remaining slice, leaving about 1/4″ thickness in each.
- Brush potato skins with melted butter and bake for 25 minutes until crisp.
- Sprinkle with cheese and bacon and return to oven until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream and sliced green onions.