These meringue Christmas trees are super fun to make. They melt in your mouth when you eat them and they don’t take a lot of ingredients. The kids can help decorate the trees too. We like to use sprinkles of all different colors, candies cut up, M&M’s, etc. Enjoy and have fun!
Meringue Christmas Trees
(Yield about 20 trees)
- 4 Egg Whites (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Green Food Coloring
- Sprinkle Star Decorations
- Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Whip egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time while whipping on high (scrape down sides periodically).
- Add in food coloring and cream of tartar and whip until blended.
- Use a large star tip and transfer mixture to piping bag.
- Pipe in a circular motion makeing smaler cirles as you go upward (like soft serve ice cream).
- Bake meringues for 2 hours.
- Turn off oven and leave meringues in with door slightly open for 1 more hour.
- Make a “glue” to attach the stars to the tops by mixing 1/4 cup powdered sugar with several drops of water and mixing well.
- Gently dab this on with a toothpick and press star in place.