I have this fetish for trifle recipes and my hubby loves cheesecake so this is the perfect combination! Below is a recipe for a chocolate caramel cheesecake trifle that will knock your socks off. I love Trifles because they are not only easy to make but they look fantastic too. Enjoy and let the little ones help with the layering of this recipe…
Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Trifle
- 1 pk. golden grahams crushed (1 ½ cups)
- 4 T. Melted butter
- 3 8oz packages of cream cheese softened to room temperature.
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 ½ Tsp. vanilla
- 2/3 Cup sour cream
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- Prepare your 9” springform pan by spraying with anti-stick baking spray.
- Mix crushed graham crackers with melted butter and press firmly into 9” springform pan. Place in oven heated to 325 degrees and bake for 7 minutes. Continue on to the cheesecake mixture:
- Blend cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with hand mixer on medium speed 1-2 minutes until well mixed.
- Add the sour cream and blend 1 minute.
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing on low just until all ingredients are blended together.
- Pour over crust and bake at 325 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- I use a confection setting on my oven, baked for 43 minutes until center was almost set. Times may vary depending on oven setting and type of springform pan you are using.
- Remove from oven and allow to completely cool before cutting.
For the Trifle:
- Using one piece of cheesecake (1/8 of cheesecake per trifle) remove crust and lightly mix just the cheesecake filling to fluff. Set aside.
- Cube 1/8 of cheesecake.
- Place 3-4 cubes in bottom of trifle.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate sauce over cheesecake cubes
- Layer a generous amount of whipped topping over cubed cheesecake.
- Place the remaining cubes over whipped cream.
- Drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate sauce over cubes.
- Pipe on your fluffed cheesecake over the top.
- Drizzle on caramel sauce
- Add 1/2 Hershey’s Mini candy bar crushed, and place the remaining 1/2 in the top.