Talk about a delicious recipe…these Homemade Cheez-Its are one of my favorite snacks to munch on and the kids love them! Even better, these are much healthier for you than the store bought ones. Just be sure to make enough because they won’t last long.
If you love cheesy snacks then I highly recommend trying this one out! Enjoy…
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tbsp cold Butter cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp Shortening
- 1 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Ice Cold Water
What to do:
- Blend the cheese, butter, shortening and salt together on medium low speed in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer.
- Add the flour and mix on low to incorporate (the dough will be dry).
- Slowly add the water just until the dough comes together in a lump.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour your work area and roll out the dough very thin (less than 1/8″).
- Use a pastry cutter to cut into 1″ squares and use a skewer or toothpick to put a hole in the center of each.
- Transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until light brown at the edges.
- Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool.